Here Goes

I have become increasingly addicted to reading others' blogs. Being inspired by, keeping up to date with, etc. So, I've finally decided to take the plunge and try one out for myself. I've never kept a diary, nor am I great about updating or being consistant with reallly, anything, . . . but here goes an effort to keep a record of a few moments of life. This is a precious time for me and it would be nice to look back.
The main characters:
My husband Ryan: We were married young. I was 20, he was 21. I had no idea at the time exactly HOW YOUNG that was. Now, edging precariously close to 30, it has somewhat sunk in. I imagine I am not alone in the fact that I am constantly surprised by the person my spouse is turning out to be, and so glad the surprises are good ones.
My firstborn son, Graham: Graham is currently 21 months. He is absolutely the best surprise I've ever had. Surprise in the sense that I had no idea the depth of love you could feel for a child. I had experienced a pseudo of that feeling with other children I had grown attached to, but the sense of: knock you back breathless because as you watch every move he makes with this amazing pride and glee there is this vulnerability that is new to you. You are vulnerable because you know that your heart isn't at all safe anymore. It's tearing around the house, bumping his head, trying out new words and expressions, and if anything happened to that little guy . . . well, I can't even go there, I'm way too emotional.
My second son, yet to be born: The new baby will arrive probably at the end of April. He will be almost exactly 2 years younger than Graham. I don't know if it's completely sunk in, the change that will occur in our lives. I get a taste of it once in awhile when Graham completely exhausts me because I'm starting to be big with this pregnancy, and I wonder how much more exhausted I will be when he is actually here and I'm "raising" him rather than just "growing" him. But, I know the blessing my larger family has been to me. I wouldn't trade any of my siblings, and I know the relationship the 2 of them will someday have will be priceless.
Myself: Shannon. I barely know how to begin with this one. I feel like I've changed so much in my 20's. But at the same time, I am horrified that they are almost over. The last 10 years have been one transition after the other, I've been "away" and able to be another person in some aspects. But, there is always a few reoccuring themes. My faith is still in Jesus, I still love to laugh at the sort of off-colored humor some people would be shocked at (for example Arrested Development is my favorite show on television) I consider myself artistic even if it didn't take me where I thought it would. But, in other ways I am so different to the person I was growing up in rural South Dakota. I think I'm more open-minded, less judgemental, and less addicted to approval than previously. I'd have to say I'm glad. It takes transition along with meeting new and different people to expand your mind and opinions a little bit.
so, that's that. A very limited picture to the people that will most often be written about, as they are the largest part of my life.


6 Comments:
Shannon, you are wonderwoman! The fact that you got a blog up, are busy growing a baby and chasing a toddler, not to mention all the things you do to support your creative side and your hubby...well, you are pretty neat.
SO -another boy!! Cool! We are having another girl. Maybe they should date in about 25 years?
This journey in life is wild. Turning 30 is a milestone, but I am finding that there is a richness and wonder to this season too. Perhaps it is even better than our twenties.
Chat again soon!
Your family is squishy! Great moments to share!
Get-this-baby-off-my-bladder!-Brenda
YAY! I'm so glad you joined our crazy blog world :) I feel like we will be able to stay in better contact! Big Fat YAY!
Welcome!
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
I think youre sexy!
Im into big bellies
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home