What a relief

This is not in anyway husband bashing. On his worst day, Ryan is more productive than I. So, when we asked my parents to babysit Graham on last Saturday so that we could get somewhere on the house, I was a little surprised when he decided to work on the GARAGE the entire day. (no need to mention that I found the time to take a nap) But, come on! The garage?
He was busy, busy, busy. And at the end of the day, he proudly displayed the fact that the garage was ultra tidy, he had moved most of the boxes yet to be unpacked in to the laundry room. I imagine he assumes that if I trip over them doing laundry, I may get to unpacking a thing here and there. Silly, boy. After all of these years he should really know that I can avoid doing laundry almost indefinitely. Ryan's camoflauge is neatly hung inside our old armoir, his tools organized on the workbench, he even put a seagrass rug on the floor as a homey touch. (note: by the time I took this photo G had found his bin of toys)
But the eensy part of me that was slightly miffed at his choice of project in the midst of the many ways the inside of our home needed attention was completely diffused. Why? Because the conversation I was nervously anticipating, the one where he starts asking where I think we should display his deer head is no longer a threat. Isn't it beautiful?! there in our tidy garage. Hallelujah.


4 Comments:
I can not believe you had it that easy! An Arnold without a deer head proudly mounted INSIDE the house? This is a new trend.....hope it sticks :-)
Okay so i'm happy for you about your deer head.
but truthfully i'm envying garage orginization. I LONG for my garage to be clean organized... i even dream of a painted floor... but this I am afraid will not happen. We have been here for 10 mos. and Jeff's office is still not organized... oh well.
SOOOOO funny!! I can tell he is related to my husband! When having a get together at our house Robb will spend the whole prep time making the yard and garage look nice. It is then that I remind him that the party is inside. :-)
I am impressed that the deer head is in the garage. The basement was as good as I could do!
Thanks for the good laugh!
Teresa
Shannon,
Your garage is putting us to shame. But someday...it will be as clean as yours. And I'll take a quick picture before it clutters up again. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home