me&myBoys

Life with boys. Married to one, raising one, and one that is brand new. Gotta love it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I am 30 years old, married with children. If the 20's are for finding yourself, I think it's happened just in time. Up til now I've kind of felt like a poser. But, these boys . . . Ry, G, & O . . . they've helped me become who I'm supposed to be. Being part of their lives, helping them know they are precious and loved is what I am supposed to do. Everything else is extra to that primary goal.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Apologies

Hello all.

I just wanted to apologize to many of you out there, who may wonder why I don't call, I don't write . . .

I'm so sorry. My address book is in storage, my phone has been replaced and I don't have my numbers, even my email addresses are weirded out right now. I seriously think of you all, but when I get a moment to call, like if I'm driving somewhere- chances are I'm driving in a phone-tower-void, and don't get service. Please forgive me and promise to still be my friend when this is all over and life is somewhat normal. (will I ever be there again?!)

The house is taking so very long. I thought we were over the hump, but Ryan just informed me that some of the last details are going to be major projects.

excuse me for a moment as I hyperventilate.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are getting very anxious to have your own place and get into somewhat of a normal routine again. We are very excited to see the house. I'm sure it will be awesome when the projects are completed though. Hang in there.

Erin

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. Try to focus on the end result-your own home just the way you want it!! Thank you for the call about going to the zoo the other day. Robb is out of town and we were stir crazy so the kids and I spent the day in Sioux Falls. Shopping with 3 little kids is crazy, but at least it got us out of the house for the day! Any other day we would have taken you up on your offer in a heartbeat! We love having something to do!
I will pray that your final house projects will go quickly and smoothly and you will be enjoying your home as a family in no time.
Teresa

4:26 PM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

when it is all over you will be so thankful and you will quickly forget that labor it took to get there... (kinda like childbirth!).

miss you and will pray for you.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration in the projects taking longer than they are suppose to. Whenever Alan starts a new project at our house, we are living here and have to live through it - be thankful that you aren't trying to live in "it" with two little ones. Our next remodeling job will be our upstairs bathroom or front door and entry area into out house - but hopefully we can hire it done instead of Alan having to try to work it into his very busy weeks. Hang in there - it will get better. I promise.

Nancy

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Shannon! Transitions are always SO hard. I feel for you. Just think though, it won't be long and you will be moved into such a great house and you will be so glad you did all those projects at the beginning rather than spreading them out over years and years.

Breathe and consume lots of chocolate :-)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Michelle is so right in her comment above. We bought a fixer two years ago and had to move in right away—we've been doing fixer projects ever since.

You'll be so glad in the end. How fun to look forward to the finished product! :)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home