G is for Glam

The last time Graham's hair was cut, it was somewhat of a disaster. Ryan held his head while I choked back the tears and snipped away his beautiful curls. Graham kept squirming, and screaming, and after we kept scolding Graham saying "this isn't hurting you", I did the inevitable of snipping his little ear. It was a sad experience for all of us.
When I couldn't hold Ryan off any longer, I decided to try something different for this time around. I had seen a little place in downtown Franklin called "just for kids" and last Thursday Sara, G's babysitter, and I brought Graham to the kiddie salon. He did an exceptional job, he didn't freak out, he just drove his little jeep, and watched the movie while the stylist quickly trimmed him up (while still keeping enough body for those baby blonde curls to spring) Isn't it a darling little place? I have no idea how they stay open because his haircut was only $12. What a great place!
I had such a fun day that day, Sara usually comes over on Thursdays and I had planned on just browsing through downtown Franklin and making Graham an appointment for a different day. But, since downtown Franklin isn't just around the corner, I thought it might be better to see if we could walk-in for the haircut. But, that situtation is far from ideal. I had hoped to browse some stores for winter sales and Graham isn't the easiest to take into boutiques, but I didn't necessarily feel like taking him back later for the haircut, and honestly, I was slightly company starved and wasn't totally pumped to look around by myself. So it dawned on me, I should ask Sara to come along. It was so much fun for me, exactly what I needed. We browsed stores, laughed and talked, had a Starbucks, went out for lunch, and she efficiently helped me with simple but HUGE things like getting G in and out of the car, entertaining him so I could try on some pants, etc. It was the kind of girls day I had been aching for. And I was thinking of how much fun it would be to do this more often.
Later on I was telling Ryan about the delightful afternoon and in the middle of the story, I had to stop so we could both laugh at the predicament. Here I was talking about my great day with girlfriend/pal, Sara and I all of the sudden realized, I had stooped to a new level. This wasn't necessarily a girl's day, I now pay people by the hour to be my friend!!!


3 Comments:
Owen goes to a place like that called snip buzz bangs and literally you have to make an appt or you are helpless, it is always PACKED!! They even have a play area for waiting :) Jeff happens to be there with O right now to buzz his hair again :)
What a darling place. In response to the comment by Gob with the next pic- this one too reminds me of Danny. Many times when I see pictures of little boy blue- my mind flashes back to one of you. does that make sense. sometimes I forget which time zone I am in.
I love the kid salon! Boyd would have some comment about . . . not even sure . . he can't talk though bc he does frequent WB Salon and Spa!
slk
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home