There she be

Well, here it is. I was going to post a picture without the full-flesh belly, but Ryan didn't think I looked "big" enough if you can imagine that. Here I am 28 wks, and it looks like I could go any day now! I try not to ever complain, though, I have it relatively easy to so many other pregnant women. No morning sickness to speak of, no bed rest. My biggest concern right now is that I am suspicious that my ankles are starting to swell already!!
We haven't done much in terms of preparing for the new little one. Mostly, we've been trying to get Graham settled in to his new-stage, so all of the "new" purchases have been for him. I wonder if this will be something that continues throughout the baby's life. I'll have to be careful that he doesn't ONLY get hand-me-downs. It has been important to us, though, that Graham be comfortable with his surroundings pre-baby, it will be a couple tough transitions for him: first the baby, then a move from the only home he's known . . .
Anyhow, this is life for us right now. It's hard to think about much else when your body is exploding in front of your eyes. Plus, a number of other symptoms that are hard to ignore, how could you NOT obsess!


2 Comments:
1st off you look amazing. HARDLY ready to pop. When you are ready to pop take a picture and compare it to this one... you will see a difference and wonder why you thought you looked big here... i know when we are pregnant we always feel much bigger than we look to other people :)
i have the same concerns about hand me downs and before baby really had bought nothing but diapers for him. BUT i did today by a new play mat :) (lost the old one) and a little new outfit for him... i also bought some new pacies, and some hand toys (seems i lost some of those too)... so I'm feeling better that there will always be reasons to give him something new.... not as much as Owen... but enough you know? Does any of that make sense. I'm not sure if I"m explaining it well.
OK, definitely don't feel bad about the hand me downs. Grey just got Cole's first bike as a birthday present. Just to be fair, we did tell him it was Cole's old bike but do you think a 3-year old cares? Anyway, you look great.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home