me&myBoys

Life with boys. Married to one, raising one, and one that is brand new. Gotta love it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I am 30 years old, married with children. If the 20's are for finding yourself, I think it's happened just in time. Up til now I've kind of felt like a poser. But, these boys . . . Ry, G, & O . . . they've helped me become who I'm supposed to be. Being part of their lives, helping them know they are precious and loved is what I am supposed to do. Everything else is extra to that primary goal.

Friday, March 31, 2006

not your cuddly pup

My grandma Bev, my mom, and all her sisters used to sing a song to us about a doggy for sale. It goes something like,
"How much is that doggy in the window? (ruff, ruff)
The one with the waggily tail.
How much is that doggy in the window? (ruff, ruff)
I do hope that doggy's for sale.

I can't remember the verses real well. Especially the one about not wanting a kitty or a turtle . . . 'cause you can't take a fish for a walk. If anyone can help me out that'd be great. It is now a favorite of Graham's. I pull that song out whenever I need to calm him down, avert his attention, or keep him from falling asleep in the car. I've been trying to teach him to do the "ruff-ruff" part, and finally the other night he started participating!

However, he adds his own twist. It goes something like this:
How much is that doggy in the window? (ruff . . .growl)
The one with the waggily tail.
How much is that doggy in the window? (menacing bark . . growl)
I do hope that doggy's for sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home