weak
Yes, yes. As the last comment so apply stated, "some pretty weak blogging going on lately." I have to agree. Actually, I'm still dog-tired, so really the last post is still applicable . . . does that count?
An update. Life is flying by at record speed, O & G are cuter than ever. I am trying to savor moments, journal them every once in awhile. We are looking forward to the holidays, have been baking and preparing, although I have yet to wrap a single gift. Since we've settled, there are eons of parties to attend and things to be involved in. I was in the church Christmas show, When Ryan asked what I was going to be doing, I told him I was going to be singing and dancing, and really funny . . . he got this look on his face of dread mixed with nausea. And groaned "ohhhhh noooo" He was sure he was going to be terribly embarrassed for me. But, it went well, and I had a blast. I even climbed to the top of a human pyramid and jumped off, reminescent of my cheerleading days, so I reveled in the nostalgic moment. At one point, Brian Noem, who was on the very bottom of this pyramid, informed me that I cracked his back. I failed to mention that I'm no longer a buck-10 anymore. I don't think he was permanently injured, so that is a relief.
With all of the holiday cheer, I've found myself kind of melancholy. Grateful and melancholy. Grateful because I live such a charmed life, melancholy because the Grave's family (link on right) are enduring their own personal hell (if the term offends you, please re-read it and insert the term "nightmare") They manage to be incredibly lovely and amazing throughout Noah's health battles, but honestly, I don't know how.
Ryan was talking to Jay the other day, and as I heard him talking about our lives, how we are working on our home, Christmas shopping, Ry's been hunting, working, etc. . . It dawned on me that all of these normal things, our normal lives, the fact that we can give a hoot about home repair is a novelty to some. And even though, I know it's wrong, I am sometimes also aware that my own normal life could be turned upside down in a moment and I cling and pray even harder for my life to remain happy and sweet and for the people in it to stay healthy and safe, and hope I can live in this bliss that I call normal days as long as I possibly can. And then I feel a tad selfish and greedy and freakishly obsessive. Anyone get this?
An update. Life is flying by at record speed, O & G are cuter than ever. I am trying to savor moments, journal them every once in awhile. We are looking forward to the holidays, have been baking and preparing, although I have yet to wrap a single gift. Since we've settled, there are eons of parties to attend and things to be involved in. I was in the church Christmas show, When Ryan asked what I was going to be doing, I told him I was going to be singing and dancing, and really funny . . . he got this look on his face of dread mixed with nausea. And groaned "ohhhhh noooo" He was sure he was going to be terribly embarrassed for me. But, it went well, and I had a blast. I even climbed to the top of a human pyramid and jumped off, reminescent of my cheerleading days, so I reveled in the nostalgic moment. At one point, Brian Noem, who was on the very bottom of this pyramid, informed me that I cracked his back. I failed to mention that I'm no longer a buck-10 anymore. I don't think he was permanently injured, so that is a relief.
With all of the holiday cheer, I've found myself kind of melancholy. Grateful and melancholy. Grateful because I live such a charmed life, melancholy because the Grave's family (link on right) are enduring their own personal hell (if the term offends you, please re-read it and insert the term "nightmare") They manage to be incredibly lovely and amazing throughout Noah's health battles, but honestly, I don't know how.
Ryan was talking to Jay the other day, and as I heard him talking about our lives, how we are working on our home, Christmas shopping, Ry's been hunting, working, etc. . . It dawned on me that all of these normal things, our normal lives, the fact that we can give a hoot about home repair is a novelty to some. And even though, I know it's wrong, I am sometimes also aware that my own normal life could be turned upside down in a moment and I cling and pray even harder for my life to remain happy and sweet and for the people in it to stay healthy and safe, and hope I can live in this bliss that I call normal days as long as I possibly can. And then I feel a tad selfish and greedy and freakishly obsessive. Anyone get this?


4 Comments:
I totally understand Shannon! I feel the same way and my heart goes out to Jason and Adrienne! THat's why we have to live each day to the fullest and count our blessings because we never know what tomorrow may bring!!! I enjoyed talking to you at Grandma's party! After Christmas, lets get together and the kids can entertain each other and we can visit! Have a Merry Christmas!
I completely agree. Life is all about your perspective. Sometimes it is easy to get so busy "living" life that we forget to slow down and realize how blessed our lives really are.
Dustin and I are looking forward to hanging out with all the family soon!
Erin
I do understand what you mean, and I go there often in my thoughts too. I force myself to trust God and to remember that this life isn't really what it's all about...
Shannon, I read this post of yours before Christmas and actually thought about it a lot. I can't even imagine trying to get through the holidays while living in a hospital that you've been in for six months—Noah and his family weigh on my heart and remind me how good I've got it. Why, why, why seems to echo constantly in my head as I pray for them.
I also have learned recently (through people who leave comments on Noah's blog) there are tons of sites about sick little children all over the web. Such precious little lives—sometimes it just overwhelms me . . . yet I want to be faithful to pray for others as the Lord leads. I'm trying to find miracle stories to build my faith as I pray for Noah.
I guess I just wanted you to know how much I can totally relate to what you have been feeling—thanks for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home