Wonder-boy

Owen is 8 months old, and generally a quiet boy. I realize that I might be crazy, but he has been using starting to vocalize a bit more, which is normal, but the abnormal thing is that I SWEAR he says "mama ma ma ma" when he wants me, and I'm around him. But says "dadadadad" if Ryan is playing with him. Is it even possible that he could be saying words rather than just making sounds?
I have been taking some pretty heavy mocking from Ryan and my sister, Savanna. She will say, "hey! did you hear that? Owen just said 'hello Toodles, it's good to see you!' "
Regardless of whether or not he's really talking, Owen is becoming his own person, and I'm finding his personality so much fun. He has pretty much got me wrapped around his finger and spends most of his day on my hip. I just hate to see him curl that lower lip out and so I rarely put him down. I know that I need to give him more floor time, though, or my early-talker won't be able to keep up with his crawling pals.


11 Comments:
What a cute picture!!
I don't think you're crazy. Nicholas is four months. He grins and kicks his little feet like crazy ever time he sees me . . . okay, maybe he does that for everybody, but I like to think he gets extra excited and happpy when he sees his mom. :)
Not crazy at all! Three of my four said "mama" and "dadda" for us before one. Of course it must mean you have an exceptionally bright little man:-), who at two will recite the Gettsburg Address!
Great picture of the two of you!
There is no doubt that Owen loves his Mama! I totally believe that he is saying your name. It seems to be working to his advantage too :)
He is such a cutie!!! Of course he is talking already! He has really smart parents.
He is so cute!! I am sure he is speaking seeing as he has come from such a great gene pool. Don't even listen to those doubters, mommy always knows.
I can't help but smile just looking at him! Of course he's way beyond average...mommies always know.
He is absolutly adorable...that is a very cute picture of you two.
Just found your blog through Beth Hasz. What an adorable picture! For what it's worth, you are right on the money, that little guy is definately talking! They know...don't let anyone kid you. For your future reference, by the time they are 18, when they talk to you, there is NEVER a doubt, haha!
You are so beautiful. so nice to see that smiling face. why do we have to be so far! I think he probalby is saying mama and dad dad. Lukas was saying mammammama and bye bye (i swear!) by then. I totally believe you!
Hi Shannon,
I miss your blogging about my adorable nephews! It is always so much fun to read your posts!
Dustin and I want to come visit soon - we'll have to figure out a time soon!!
Erin
I love that picture, so cute! While I cannot attest to anything about motherhood, I trust your instincts! That little Owen is just the sweetest thing! I love snuggling with him! :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home