me&myBoys

Life with boys. Married to one, raising one, and one that is brand new. Gotta love it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I am 30 years old, married with children. If the 20's are for finding yourself, I think it's happened just in time. Up til now I've kind of felt like a poser. But, these boys . . . Ry, G, & O . . . they've helped me become who I'm supposed to be. Being part of their lives, helping them know they are precious and loved is what I am supposed to do. Everything else is extra to that primary goal.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

track-star

I was never a super-athlete. The only sport sport I excelled in was cheerleading. and YES, I know it isn't a real sport. I did however participate in track. I even made the highlight video. However, the song playing in the background was "wah wah wah wipe-out", so as you can imagine, my screen-time was less than glorious. I'm not sure why I was out for the sport, probably because it was what most of the cute guys were doing in the spring season. I even remember specifically watching the Men's 110 meter hurdles at the Watoma relays because a friend of mine told me that Ryan Arnold was hot and he was in that race. He had no idea his future wife was stalking him that day.

Track practices were terrible, such a love-hate thing (although for me the emphasis leaned towards hate) I loved the feeling once it was over and I knew I had had a great work-out, I enjoyed the comradery of the fellow tracksters, but I hated all other aspects of the working out. One drill I particularly despised was a relay type drill. We got in groups of 4, and all jogged in a single file line. The person in the back had to sprint to the front, then lead the joggers again. Then the new "back" person sprinted to the front, and on and on. Inevitably there was always the "back" person who had more energy than the rest of the group, or enjoyed hearing my lungs struggle for each breath, or didnt' get the concept of JOGGING once sprinting to the front and the pace would keep escalating out of control.

Graham is that sprinter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah! You posted again! I have missed hearing what is going on with you all. Did you enjoy Seaside?

8:27 PM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

awe :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

then he's the cutest sprinter ever...doesn't that help? :)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home