me&myBoys

Life with boys. Married to one, raising one, and one that is brand new. Gotta love it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I am 30 years old, married with children. If the 20's are for finding yourself, I think it's happened just in time. Up til now I've kind of felt like a poser. But, these boys . . . Ry, G, & O . . . they've helped me become who I'm supposed to be. Being part of their lives, helping them know they are precious and loved is what I am supposed to do. Everything else is extra to that primary goal.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Danny-boy


We often call my brother, Danny-boy, I think it stems from the Irish song. My family has a thing for Irish names, I was named after a tragic Irish song, as well. But not a classic Irish song from the old country oozing with green moss and pints of lager, but a poorly done 70's American-Irish song about a DOG who DIES "Shannon has gone away, she's drifted out to sea" . . . . I might have hoped for something more meaningful, but nope, dead dog.

Graham loves many people, but loves his Danny-boy lots and lots. Ryan asked him what he'd like to be when he grows up and he reported, "Danny-boy."

So, when Graham called me "my Mommy-boy" the other day, I was totally flattered.

5 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

adorable! last night I thought Danny may have passed up Cole in height. he is a great role model for little G.

2:12 PM  
Blogger ~ Amy ~ said...

Danny is a really great kid. I am so glad that Kale and him are best friends. We always enjoy having him come to our home. I think it's important for kids to have older kids to look up to as a role model. G has picked a good one!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Just Mom said...

That is very sweet.

Were you really named after the dog in that song?

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, and I remember the "Shannon song" because it was on the radio during the 70's all the time. I loved that song :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

love that picture of Graham! Owie has those same sweats and i love them!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home