Ponderings
This has to be quick because I am attempting to pack, finish designing ads, and blog all at the same time. Right now I'm waiting for feedback on the last ad sent, so, like I said, this has to be quick.
A couple things:
Owen has a runny nose. This isn't something to call 911 about, but in our case, atleast in the last 2 months, and too many runs to the doctor's office, it means that he will have an ear infection soon. If indeed the non-infected fluid behind his ears (which was the verdict yesterday) get's infected it will be his 5th infection, 5th round of antibiotics in 2 months. I don't have to tell you the numerous things (including but not limited to tubes, and sleep deprivation) affected by his health. Less importantly, but still a factor, we are driving to the Black Hills to stay in a cozy cabin with my ENTIRE family. By cozy, I mean "lovely, charming, and a tad tight for these amount of guests. This type of "cozy" situation is scary when there is a good chance little O will be screaming all night. Please pray for O, our family, and grace and patience for my extended family during our time together :D
I am also contemplating some things about blogging. Like, is it safe to post pictures. Check out BooMama (link on right) she not only is hilarious, but she blogged and linked to another blog talking about the dangers of weirdos getting on your site for very WRONG reasons. I did add a site tracker, but really it doesn't do much for me except scare the Be-geezees out of me, since it's hard to tell how everyone finds the site. I am relieved that as far as I can tell, noone's come to the site by google searches with "children" etc in the search option. I also had a conversation the other day that lead me to start thinking about why I blog. I don't feel like I ever have anything profound or inspiring to say, I dont' feel like what I write about is anything but maybe once in awhile amusing. I really enjoy the "community" that's started to form, but is my part really all that necessary. I am a Christian WAHM, but you can't necessarily tell the Christian part by the blogging. Not that I don't have spiritual thoughts, ponderings, etc. I just don't write about them. I don't know why, maybe because it's hard for me to get the words out right, the questions could sound wrong, the thoughts too simple, or too strange . . . I'm not asking for props here, but if you have thoughts one way or the other, please share.
Anyways, just alot of scattered thoughts today.
A couple things:
Owen has a runny nose. This isn't something to call 911 about, but in our case, atleast in the last 2 months, and too many runs to the doctor's office, it means that he will have an ear infection soon. If indeed the non-infected fluid behind his ears (which was the verdict yesterday) get's infected it will be his 5th infection, 5th round of antibiotics in 2 months. I don't have to tell you the numerous things (including but not limited to tubes, and sleep deprivation) affected by his health. Less importantly, but still a factor, we are driving to the Black Hills to stay in a cozy cabin with my ENTIRE family. By cozy, I mean "lovely, charming, and a tad tight for these amount of guests. This type of "cozy" situation is scary when there is a good chance little O will be screaming all night. Please pray for O, our family, and grace and patience for my extended family during our time together :D
I am also contemplating some things about blogging. Like, is it safe to post pictures. Check out BooMama (link on right) she not only is hilarious, but she blogged and linked to another blog talking about the dangers of weirdos getting on your site for very WRONG reasons. I did add a site tracker, but really it doesn't do much for me except scare the Be-geezees out of me, since it's hard to tell how everyone finds the site. I am relieved that as far as I can tell, noone's come to the site by google searches with "children" etc in the search option. I also had a conversation the other day that lead me to start thinking about why I blog. I don't feel like I ever have anything profound or inspiring to say, I dont' feel like what I write about is anything but maybe once in awhile amusing. I really enjoy the "community" that's started to form, but is my part really all that necessary. I am a Christian WAHM, but you can't necessarily tell the Christian part by the blogging. Not that I don't have spiritual thoughts, ponderings, etc. I just don't write about them. I don't know why, maybe because it's hard for me to get the words out right, the questions could sound wrong, the thoughts too simple, or too strange . . . I'm not asking for props here, but if you have thoughts one way or the other, please share.
Anyways, just alot of scattered thoughts today.
Labels: community, ear infection, Owen, site meter


10 Comments:
Shannon, I really enjoy your blog because it's so clever. I don't really know you, but my brother Zach was really good friends with Dustin during high school so I know your Strande family. So it's just kind of fun to get to know you and your family a little more. Also, it's kind of a little entertaining relief from the studying for nursing school.
Kim Anderson
Oh thank heavans, your back. I was afraid you were still tackling the laundry.(jk)
I feel bad for little O and you. This cold weather just stinks. Trying to keep a child bundled up and warm is tough. You have a wonderfull family and I'm sure even if he is awake they will be understanding and helpful.
The picture thing kind of freaks me out too, but those kind of people can get what they want no matter what you do.
I really hope you continue to blog exactly the way you have. I thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to say. Since you haven't posted in the last few days I went back and read a few old ones of yours. I love how down to earth and real you are.
I hope you have a wonderful trip and are able to relax and enjoy the family.
Shannon, I had similar thoughts too before I started blogging (regarding weirdos finding my site). That's why I don't post photos that could be used by pervs for whatever sicko reason. I also don't post my last name or the town in which I live, just in case, and have set my blog and site meter security settings to the highest level possible.
Yes, I know weirdos can still find me through links, but I am willing so far to chance that. As soon as I have any indication that someone strange is lurking -- and I mean stranger than those who already read my blog ;-) -- I'm shutting down my site.
Please do continue to blog as much as you feel comfortable doing. Your stories are very funny.
i have gone throught these same things, and have at times almost taken my blog down.... except it is like 2 years of history for me and i don't want to lose it!!!! i make sure that my site has no reference to location (beyond state). I try to be generic about places i go often.... like i say mall instead of what mall... and so on. I try to make it so it would be hard to fine. i think the danger is in being specific as to where you live and stuff..... that is where i have landed so far in my thoughts. my myspace is private. wish we could make it password only!
oh and please keep blogging. i love it.
okay, i'm going to sound way to lax and i probably am. but just like i am not a germ-a-phobe about my food and such, i am not a freak-a-phobe about my blog. this will sound highly spiritual to some and highly odd to others...but when we plead the blood of Jesus over our lives i feel like that includes the trivial things like blogging as well.
i don't pray for my children to be protected from just the weirdos at the mall or playground. i pray for protection for them in every scenario. i don't think this means that it's wise to have no safe-guards, but either i trust God or i do not. for me it's that simple.
i have been struggling with exactly the same thing in regards to my faith and it's role in my blogging...am i being false if it isn't portrayed as the huge chunk of me that it is? i don't know, i'm still praying about that.
don't stop blogging please...i love your style. you feel like the girl next door who can keep it real for us.
have fun in the Hills.
Shannon, I will definitely be praying for little O. I'm sure you will all have a wonderful weekend.
I agree with Heidi on the whole blogging thing. I can be a total freak about worrying about things but I am learning to really give them to the Lord and believe in his protection. I am cautious about info I give out and believe that blogging is such a positive thing for me. I have "met" such wonderful people, gained wisdom from so many, and have the memories in writing.
I absolutely LOVE your blog and really hope that you continue sharing your thoughts with us.
I hear your concerns but I would miss you and your blog. Do what you feel is best.
I have been wondering for a few months now about blogging. I may post my feelings about it soon. Usually I am just too exhausted after working to catch up on everything and then feel like a loser if I don't post on a friend's site if they've posted on mine.
However, if you do quit blogging, we will all miss your written wittiness.
Hope the Hills are going well and that Owen is happy and the hot tub is thawed. :)
I realize you don't know me, but I too have had the worries about showing my daughter's face. She was seventeen when I started all this and believe me I got some really scary comments about her. For me it's probably different because at her age she spends her own time on the computer and has been exposed to a stalker already. Scary, huh? It's a very raw world we live in, but I WILL NOT let the enemy control my life, sorry it will not happen. Fear will not overtake me. I am cautious as to how I blog.
As to the whole spiritual thing. I feel a need to share my faith. I don't want to get preachy, but God has impressed on my heart that if I have the means I can't just waste my time having fun, but I have to take time every so often to use this avenue to let the world know that He is alive and has redeemed me from the pit of hell. If I never say a word I'm gonna be held accountable. That's just MY call. I'm not saying in anyway that everyone should be doing this...JUST ME.
Please keep writing! I love hearing about those boys :) You are so gifted and a great mom from what I've read.
Sorry for rambling...I tend to do that :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home