Weekend alone
Ryan travelled to South Dakota for a last minute trip. We sent him to represent both of us and make important decisions about the home we will be living in once we move. Long story.
It has been a long, long weekend.
Where should I start. Maybe with the time Graham snuck outside while I was sleeping. Thank God he didn't walk down to the road, or the door didn't lock behind him, or someone didn't snatch him . . . . the list goes on.
Or I could go through my morning, how after waking at 5 AM with a hungry infant and dosing back to sleep, the little boy who used to spend a good half hour snuggling with me before starting our days comes RUNNING and hollaring "mom! mom! milk, milk" as though if he didn't get a drink that very moment the world would go spinning off it's axis.
Or how I attempted to get ready for church, but by the time we were all dressed, I was too exhausted to go. Or maybe our trip to the park where upon leaving I had to carry Owen in his Baby Bjorn along with a crying and screaming Graham away from the slide in 90 degree heat while wearing high heels (the park was the substitute for church, thus the high heels)
Boy, I can't wait for Ryan to get back! If that boy knows what's good for him, he will come bearing gifts!
It has been a long, long weekend.
Where should I start. Maybe with the time Graham snuck outside while I was sleeping. Thank God he didn't walk down to the road, or the door didn't lock behind him, or someone didn't snatch him . . . . the list goes on.
Or I could go through my morning, how after waking at 5 AM with a hungry infant and dosing back to sleep, the little boy who used to spend a good half hour snuggling with me before starting our days comes RUNNING and hollaring "mom! mom! milk, milk" as though if he didn't get a drink that very moment the world would go spinning off it's axis.
Or how I attempted to get ready for church, but by the time we were all dressed, I was too exhausted to go. Or maybe our trip to the park where upon leaving I had to carry Owen in his Baby Bjorn along with a crying and screaming Graham away from the slide in 90 degree heat while wearing high heels (the park was the substitute for church, thus the high heels)
Boy, I can't wait for Ryan to get back! If that boy knows what's good for him, he will come bearing gifts!


1 Comments:
I can relate! It is tough, isn't it? It gives me a whole new appreciation for single moms whenever Rod is away. You are right, gifts can help ease the pain and cause the memories to fade a bit :-) Rod jokes that he now "pays" before a trip and when he gets home as well. :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home