update
This will be a quick blog to update you all on the recent happenings in "me and my boys" lives.
We are moved to South Dakota, but not settled. The move went fairly well. Although, the moving truck used by Ryan, Bob, and Graham did manage to single-handedly stop traffic during rush hour in St. Louis. 70W went down to a one-lane because of construction, and right next to the arch the truck quit moving altogether, the short version of this story includes Ryan running by foot UP the off-ramp to find the semi-tow coming and various curb jumping. Ryan said it was basically a parking lot in downtown St.Louis that day. I picture something like the movie "Two Weeks" where Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant abandon their car to find a bathroom. I am very glad I was not along for that fiasco. Owen and I arrived peacefully by plane to Mpls, then drove with my sister to South Dakota.
We were greeted by one of the craziest weekends we have yet to experience. Both of our immediate families, and many of our extended families were around for the 4th of July. So, Ryan and I did whatever we could to make each and every event. I wouldn't be surprised if we burned through $1000 dollars of gas in that weekend alone. Normally this would nearly kill me as I am generally stricken with guilt and hate the rat race of leaving events early, or arriving late, feeling like I'm letting people down, etc. But maybe because there is no return flight to Nasvhille, that panic gripping fear of missing everyone wasn't such a factor this time.
Graham has been a very passionate little boy, and by passionate I mean things like screaming if he has to leave Dandy's house (my brother Danny) or if he must stop his 2 hour rock throwing binge to eat, etc. Tantrums, and screams, and running away from his parents have become much more frequent. I'm telling myself that it's because he went from rarely playing with kids to being swept up in a wave of fun and activity. Add to that the fact that we don't even realize it's getting late until 10 PM because of the long hours of daylight, a head cold, and pink eye and you have a very different little boy than we had become accustomed to. I think once life slows down he'll resume behavior as normal as long as we don't accidentally reward that tantrums by giving in. (fingers crossed)
All and all everything is super, it's great to have the family helping out, and the weather has been amazing. The mosqitos abandoned the area this summer which is next to raising the dead in miracle status. I will be so glad when we are able to get into our home. We close on Friday, then the floors need to get done along with some other updates that will take some time, so we may be camping with family until August or so. I sort of feel like I'm in this never-ending vacation, but that it's getting to the point where you are looking forward to getting home to your own bed and own schedule . . . we just don't have a home to go to. But very soon I will be able to see the home we bought (can you believe I still have yet to tour the inside) and then I can start planning all of the things we need to do to make it ours, and I have a feeling time will fly by.
We are moved to South Dakota, but not settled. The move went fairly well. Although, the moving truck used by Ryan, Bob, and Graham did manage to single-handedly stop traffic during rush hour in St. Louis. 70W went down to a one-lane because of construction, and right next to the arch the truck quit moving altogether, the short version of this story includes Ryan running by foot UP the off-ramp to find the semi-tow coming and various curb jumping. Ryan said it was basically a parking lot in downtown St.Louis that day. I picture something like the movie "Two Weeks" where Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant abandon their car to find a bathroom. I am very glad I was not along for that fiasco. Owen and I arrived peacefully by plane to Mpls, then drove with my sister to South Dakota.
We were greeted by one of the craziest weekends we have yet to experience. Both of our immediate families, and many of our extended families were around for the 4th of July. So, Ryan and I did whatever we could to make each and every event. I wouldn't be surprised if we burned through $1000 dollars of gas in that weekend alone. Normally this would nearly kill me as I am generally stricken with guilt and hate the rat race of leaving events early, or arriving late, feeling like I'm letting people down, etc. But maybe because there is no return flight to Nasvhille, that panic gripping fear of missing everyone wasn't such a factor this time.
Graham has been a very passionate little boy, and by passionate I mean things like screaming if he has to leave Dandy's house (my brother Danny) or if he must stop his 2 hour rock throwing binge to eat, etc. Tantrums, and screams, and running away from his parents have become much more frequent. I'm telling myself that it's because he went from rarely playing with kids to being swept up in a wave of fun and activity. Add to that the fact that we don't even realize it's getting late until 10 PM because of the long hours of daylight, a head cold, and pink eye and you have a very different little boy than we had become accustomed to. I think once life slows down he'll resume behavior as normal as long as we don't accidentally reward that tantrums by giving in. (fingers crossed)
All and all everything is super, it's great to have the family helping out, and the weather has been amazing. The mosqitos abandoned the area this summer which is next to raising the dead in miracle status. I will be so glad when we are able to get into our home. We close on Friday, then the floors need to get done along with some other updates that will take some time, so we may be camping with family until August or so. I sort of feel like I'm in this never-ending vacation, but that it's getting to the point where you are looking forward to getting home to your own bed and own schedule . . . we just don't have a home to go to. But very soon I will be able to see the home we bought (can you believe I still have yet to tour the inside) and then I can start planning all of the things we need to do to make it ours, and I have a feeling time will fly by.


3 Comments:
I'm so happy that you have this huge milestone passed. I will miss the ability to see you in Nashville, but we will just have to be intentional about getting together!
Transition is always strange on the little guys and you are right, he will adjust. it sounds like between sickness, activity, boxes... and everything he has had a lot going on. but with the unconditional love and security around him that you guys give he will be great! :)
I can't wait to see pictures!
I hear you guys bought a really cool old house. Can't wait to see it as I am a sucker for old homes. Don't worry, Cooper does the same thing only we aren't in transistion status right now. Sounds like Graham is a typical 2 year old. Glad to have you guys back!
Just keep telling yourself that all of this soon will be s memory instead of real life! Soon the transition will be behind you. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home