sorry, folks
Not good news in the Ear Category.
The night we arrived home from the hills, Owen screamed bloody murder. (refused to sleep, and writhed, and wailed, and banged his hand to his ears, and did I mention refused to sleep. . . ) It was in fact worse (which I wouldn't have thought possible) than his previous episodes with ear infections. It was so bad, we almost brought him into the Emergency Room, and honestly, I'd rather sever my hand off with a butter knife than endure the emergency room.
So, here we go again, consecutive ear infection Lucky number 5. We are averaging an infection only DAYS after clearing up (and yes, I do get him checked to make sure he's clear). We have an air purifier near his room, and I'm hoping it helps in the long run. Owen's starting to feel better now, he's had 2 days of antibiotics (and I've had 2 nights of miniscule sleep) but tomorrow morning, we fly to Nashville to visit some friends. And O's doc says, there is no clearing up those ugly ears in just 2 days, so I'm a little nervous. The airplane pressure is freaking me out. Any tips?
Good news in the toilet. (that sounds a bit strange)
Graham is completely potty trained! Yay! No more diaper changing (well, for child #1 that is) Only wiping dribble off of lids, and brown from bottoms, and the delights of stopping at a moment's notice to find and sprint to the nearest toilet . . . but I am so glad this day has arrived for my G. He is awfully proud of himself, too. He's getting so big. And although, in nearly every other area, I'd love to slow down the progression of events- this is the exception. Way to go G!
The night we arrived home from the hills, Owen screamed bloody murder. (refused to sleep, and writhed, and wailed, and banged his hand to his ears, and did I mention refused to sleep. . . ) It was in fact worse (which I wouldn't have thought possible) than his previous episodes with ear infections. It was so bad, we almost brought him into the Emergency Room, and honestly, I'd rather sever my hand off with a butter knife than endure the emergency room.
So, here we go again, consecutive ear infection Lucky number 5. We are averaging an infection only DAYS after clearing up (and yes, I do get him checked to make sure he's clear). We have an air purifier near his room, and I'm hoping it helps in the long run. Owen's starting to feel better now, he's had 2 days of antibiotics (and I've had 2 nights of miniscule sleep) but tomorrow morning, we fly to Nashville to visit some friends. And O's doc says, there is no clearing up those ugly ears in just 2 days, so I'm a little nervous. The airplane pressure is freaking me out. Any tips?
Good news in the toilet. (that sounds a bit strange)
Graham is completely potty trained! Yay! No more diaper changing (well, for child #1 that is) Only wiping dribble off of lids, and brown from bottoms, and the delights of stopping at a moment's notice to find and sprint to the nearest toilet . . . but I am so glad this day has arrived for my G. He is awfully proud of himself, too. He's getting so big. And although, in nearly every other area, I'd love to slow down the progression of events- this is the exception. Way to go G!
Labels: ear infection, Nashville, potty training


6 Comments:
I think baby Drew has an ear infection now too, I'm struggling with the "do I take him in yet or is it just a cold". I hate that! I will pray for your little guy, it stinks to have our babies sick!
As for the Nashville trip...are you guys on Spring break up there or what? :-)
Sorry about Owen's ears. :( Hopefully he will just sleep on the plane. Lukas fusses while we are waiting and in taxi but once we takes off he mostly sleeps. i will pray right now that he does that!
I'm going to nash next month- oh how i wish we were going the same time!!! Has velvet had her baby yet?????
please PLEASE email me how graham got potty trained. my owen wants nothing to do with it :(
awww poor Owen! I hope that he is feeling better soon, its so sad to think of that sweety happy little boy in pain! anyway i hope you guys have fun in TN, it is so beautiful there!
Hey, can you potty train Cooper? He will go for me on the potty but never tells me when he has to go!! Good for Graham!!!
Sorry, no help here. My kids never had ear infections - Thank the Lord! I feel so bad for him and also for you. I do know what sleepless nights are. It can get so frustrating and exhausting. Hopefully Ryan has been able to help you out.
I have heard that pouring warm oil in the ear can be very soothing. I know it sounds weird but maybe worth a try.
When we would travel on a plane with babies I would either have them suck on a bottle or pacy just so they would continue to swallow and keep their ears from getting plugged.
So glad you had a good time in the hills. It looks like lots of fun.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home